Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Big web updates

 


Welcome to 2023! It has certainly been a long time, but here I am once again. I took a nice long break in December, went to Europe for 3 weeks and had a real blast. As always, the thing I missed the most was making art, so once I got back I went straight into my hobby.

Here is a list of everything going on at the moment:

  • NFT project: The project is ready for launch and will drop an exclusive post here about it soon. The mint is set for launch through Autominter and I'm aiming for end of February / beginning of March. However, I'm trying to set a community on Discord and there is an Alphabot running to sign-up. Depending on how many people have signed up, I may extend the date by a few more weeks but no more than that. Regardless of the reception, this will just be the beginning and new collections may follow.
  • Server side rendering: The site has always suffered from SEO problems. To be honest, the Google search visitors have always been low. The main reason was easy: Links across the site were not easy to discover and I never had server side rendering. For the past week, I spent a considerable amount of hours setting SSR to run on my site and finally achieved it. This together with an automated sitemap.xml will hopefully bring a lot of SEO enhancements. The first page to load (you can test it by hitting Refresh on any site) will now be super fast since all the content is returned straight from the server -- no more waiting spinner on the first load.
  • Grid view page: This new page (see image above) has the purpose to also help on SEO. The artwork collection pages (digital and ink) which have had an on-demand infinite scroller since forever, even though they got amazing performance for the user, they were really hurting the search engines crawlers. These new pages (see all digital and all ink) will for sure help out finding content across the site.
  • New artworks: As always, the latest artworks are found on my Instagram page. I have yet to do a big content update on the site, which will probably come some time today or tomorrow. Because of the NFT project, the amount of digital drawings last year was huge! Expect a big update on the site :)
Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 2024 art extravaganza

  Well hi! Right after the crazy end of year with the Fruits & Veggies Series (where I ended up making 36 of them and I'm now planni...